Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Nights

Wine tinkered nights
fall prey to
the swayings of the moon.

There is a hiccup
and teacup giggling
as a foot darts
in a compulsive path,
a circle dance
in a sort-of square,
amidst other
wanton whims.

I see what you see -

I sense
the divine
in a salted tide
churning at dawn –

I sense
us whirling
into the wide
whispers, celestial
pawns spinning
in beautiful,
inevitable
deadlock,
partners
in a waltz of
wine
and wind
and wants.

Once upon a time,
a new moon
obscures.

We howl,
and it’s
ours.

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hOOOWWWWWWLL....ha. smiles.

i def see the divine in the ocean and tides...the rhythm of waves...so you got me there...and in things that are destined...that will happen no matter what...and our giving over to them...

Victoria said...

So beautifully written.. gorgeous poetry tugging at my soul...shine on..beautiful..magical!!