Sunday, September 25, 2011

One breath, just a moment of space in between

A merlin catching a woodpecker, a diving poetic frenzy of want and fear and need.

Today, I found a blog destined to be a new favorite: Birdchick.com. Ever since I wrote a fourth grade report on red tailed hawks, I've been a raptor-phile. I went to raptor camp in middle school. I point out falcons and hawks on power lines. I've even been known to get lost in forty-minute long conversations with ornithologists. Through images and expertise packaged with excellent writing skills, Birdchick's enthusiastic blog rekindles my passion for birds.

Having the moments to read blogs almost feels like flying, these days. Things will probably be this busy for a long, long time (though, to be honest, I wouldn't really have it any other way).

(If you're having trouble with that link, here's the address: http://www.birdchick.com/wp/2011/09/merlin-vs-red-bellied-woodpecker/)

No comments: