Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Resurrecting the Red Dragon

The past few weeks have been a whirl of happenings, travels, and adventures. I've been navigating the bureaucratic red tape for my thesis; just when I'd passed my defense and thought everything was golden, I found out there was another organization whose requirements I had to meet. Their requirements: getting new documents signed by professors who are no longer in Athens and completely reformatting my thesis.

Now I'm working on a lovely little conference paper based on my thesis (20 pages of my 95), also titled Resurrecting the Red Dragon. I'll be presenting this sparkling piece on Welsh postmodern national identity on September 24 at the International Conference on Global Citizenship, Collective Identity, and Tolerance.

I am very excited to share my ideas about the growth of postmodern, instrumentalist identities in the wake of receding cultural identities. Identities have forged the world as we know it: kingdoms, nation-states, wars, businesses, corporations; language, art, literature, etc.

No comments: